Friday, March 16, 2012

DJ Hero - Review From a Real Battle DJ


Activision has released DJ Hero, the latest and greatest in the music/gaming industry. First, let me give you my experience with DJing. I'm a Hip Hop Battle DJ that has competed in many competitions, but have yet to win first. Been close, but that doesn't count, anyway, on with my review/opinion.

First, I was very excited to see the DJ Hero commercial the other night. Finally, a DJ simulation that has the look and feel of real DJ'ing. The game itself is packaged with a turntable and a mixer designed to integrate with your xBox, Wii, or PS2/3. Out of the box, you can start to mix down songs just like a real DJ.

The turntable/mixer combo can be configured for either lefties, or righties, which is a very nice feature. I, as being right handed, but in my mixing and scratching, I'm more of a lefty, go figure. The turntable rotates just as a real turntable does, but is not motor driven. The turntable also contains three buttons (green, red, blue) which are used to assist in the game play, and perform functions such as queuing songs, or indicating which track you are scratching with. I find this to be a very interesting concept, as it will give you the feel of really scratching songs without having to spend thousands on DJ equipment, as I have.

The track list is very extensive as well, and poses some very interesting combinations of songs to mix down. Some of the more interesting mixes, to me at least are:


50 Cent - "Disco Inferno" vs. David Bowie - "Let's Dance"
Beastie Boys - "Intergalactic" vs. Blondie - "Rapture"
Black Eyed Peas - "Boom Boom Pow" vs. Benny Benassi - "Satisfaction"
Eminem - "My Name Is" vs. Beck - "Loser"
Jay-Z - "Izzo (H.O.V.A.)" vs. Eminem - "My Name Is"

With over 90 different songs in the track listing, this game looks to bridge the gap of people that have always wanted to try to DJ, but did not want to shell out the money for a turntable setup - which can get very expensive. Trust me on that.




Check out my full review of DJ Hero here:

DJ Hero Review

Thanks for reading!

DJ Statik




No comments:

Post a Comment